Mobile marketing is the use of cell phones and other mobile devices to market a brand or message, and it plays a potent factor in an integrated marketing strategy. Mobile marketing is normally utilized in order to boost brand awareness, produce customer opt-in databases, and drive attendance to specific events and locations.
Examples of mobile marketing include:
- SMS Text Message Campaigns
- Mobile Web Development
- Mobile Video
By 2012, an estimated 10 trillion text messages will be sent and delivered globally.
- 250+ million Americans carry mobile phones—over 80% of the nation’s population
Source: CTIA Wireless Association
- Cell phones subscriptions will top 5 billion globally before 2011
Source: International Telecommunication Union
- The global mobile advertising market will be valued at over $16 billion by 2011
Source: M:Metrics, Common Short Codes: Cracking the Mobile Marketing Code
- Four out of five teens carry a wireless device, and the majority (57%) view their cell phone as the key to their social life
Source: CTIA survey, Teenagers: A Generation Unplugged